Why work for CrossPoint?
CrossPoint has a reputation for delivering independent consulting advice, high-quality technical services, and a great client experience. As a leading Managed Services Provider with extensive experience in consulting, solution design and managed services to the enterprise, education, government and the health sectors we offer a wide range of ICT products and services with a managed end-to-end solution for clients.
At CrossPoint we want to inspire companies to change how they get value from enterprise IT systems; we want them think about how IT impacts their business and how it is being delivered.
As part of our growth, CrossPoint are seeking an experienced Senior Engineer as part of our growing Managed Services team, reporting to the Head of Managed Services. The position is located in the Sydney CBD on a full-time basis. Depending on the status of COVID19 public health orders in NSW, some Work from Home (WFH) time may be required.
You can be part of this exciting team who is looking at the forefront of technologies and services and creating new ways of providing solutions. Excellent compensation, benefits, and quality of life!
Some of the benefits of working at CrossPoint include:
- Flexible work arrangements focused on work-life balance.
- Learning and development benefits.
- Social responsibility benefits (like blood donation = 1 day leave).
- Employee awards and recognition program.
- Experienced and friendly team of dynamic professionals.
- Milestone service recognition
- Take ownership of the technology outcomes to those CrossPoint clients for which the assigned Senior Engineer is assigned to. This includes acting as a primary contact for all business analysis, presales, technical and business direction conversations.
- Provide senior engineering services to those CrossPoint clients for which the assigned Senior Engineer is assigned to, in accordance with CrossPoint’s client service agreements
- Provide secondary CrossPoint Level 2/Level 3 engineering services to those CrossPoint clients for which they are the assigned senior engineer to in accordance with CrossPoint’s client service agreements
- Provide Service Desk Level 2/Level 3 engineering escalation support to CrossPoint clients in respect of unresolved incidents, referred to you by the CrossPoint Service Desk.
- Ensure that all site specific knowledge in respect of your allocated clients is recorded in CMDB/SiteRef in a timely manner and is accurate and up to date, including network diagrams, passwords, procedures, contacts.
- Provide feedback to account managers and service desk regarding change, modification or enhancements to client environment.
Service Delivery / Customer Service
- Provide optimal customer service value to CrossPoint clients in the effective and efficient delivery of CrossPoint IT managed services and solutions, in accordance with their respective CrossPoint client service agreement, balanced against commercial consideration, as guided by Account Managers and the Service Operations Manager.
- Ensure that you communicate clearly and effectively with the client and other CrossPoint team members, so that everyone has the same expectations regarding delivery of CrossPoint managed services and solutions to each client.
- Work towards providing proactive fixes instead of workarounds or reactive support.
- Work towards standardising support to ensure currency between clients.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and periodic review and maintenance of CrossPoint Service Delivery policies, processes, systems and tools in accordance with ITIL best practice principles and standards
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Project (CIP) teams.
- Produce, develop, execute and manage project delivery services across all clients assigned while providing reporting to the associated Client, Account Manager and Service Delivery Manager.
- Provide quality service to CrossPoint clients in the delivery of CrossPoint projects under the guidance of the CrossPoint Project Delivery Manager and the respective client Account Manager.
- Provide mentoring support and guidance to Service Desk level engineers
- Provide technical consulting services to CrossPoint’s clients as part of technical business analyst engagements.
- Provide technical consulting services to CrossPoint’s clients as part of acting as the client internal IT Leadership position for all vendor engagements requiring IT involvement.
- Provide technical consulting services to CrossPoint clients as part of project delivery or specific consulting engagement.
- Provide technical consulting services to Account Managers in the development of proposals to CrossPoint clients.
- Own the timely planning and execution of IT Assessments for those CrossPoint clients for which they are the assigned as the senior engineer in accordance with CrossPoint’s client service agreements.
- Own the timely planning and execution of IT Health Checks for those CrossPoint clients for which they are the assigned as the senior engineer in accordance with CrossPoint’s client service agreements
- For those CrossPoint clients for which you are the assigned senior engineer, work with the corresponding primary Engineer to ensure the implementation of best practice processes and practices within those client sites.
- Build an effective working relationship with the primary client contact, for those CrossPoint clients for which are the assigned senior engineer, to ensure delivery of jointly expected outcomes in accordance with CrossPoint’s client service agreements
- Build effective working relationships with the client end-user population for each of your allocated clients to strengthen their faith in the quality of engineering services delivered by CrossPoint.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience in the use of ITIL principles / ITIL Training/Certification in Service Delivery and IT frameworks, ITIL, ITSM, ISO9001, ISO27001 or relevant experience
- Applicable Vendor/Industry certifications:
- Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCSE).
- Cisco certifications or equivalent (CCNA, CCNP, CCIE).
- Storage certifications from the following vendors (EMC, Dell, HP, NetApp or IBM).
- VMware VCP5/6/VCAP
- Project Management training (Prince 2 / PMBOK)
- ITIL v3/4
- Minimum 5 years plus as a senior engineer
- Solid experience as a Senior Engineer in the mid-market or enterprise highly regarded
- Experience working with a Systems Integrator or Managed Services Provider or equivalent.
Skills Desired (can vary based on Senior Engineering role requirements (Systems)
- Strong knowledge and experience across Microsoft Technologies (Windows Server/AD/DFS/DHCP/DNS/Scripting as well as applications such as MS Teams)
- Strong knowledge and experience across Cloud Solutions (Office365, Backup as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, DR as a Service).
- Extensive experience in the implementation and L3 support of Microsoft Exchange (On-Premise) and Exchange Online.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Backup and DR solutions including Veeam, ShadowProtect, Symantec Backup Exec, etc).
- Experience in the design and implementation of Security and Anti-Virus solutions (various firewalls, Symantec Endpoint, Symantec Cloud, McAfee, Trend, etc).
- Strong knowledge of Unified Communications (Cisco, Asterix/Open Source/MS Teams Voice/ SIP / SBC / Video Conferencing)
- Knowledge across network design and implementation including switching, VLAN, and WAN solutions (experience across Cisco, HP, or Dell network equipment is essential). Strong knowledge and experience in SD-WAN highly desirable.
- Knowledge across mid-market and enterprise wireless network solutions (Datto, HP, Cisco)
- Knowledge across server virtualisation
- Knowledge across storage solutions and storage area networks. (EMC highly regarded. Dell, HP, NetApp, IBM, Nimble well regarded).
- Strong technical skills in key areas required by CrossPoint.
- Specifically Systems, Cloud, Network, Unified Communications and Security
- Takes ownership for delivery of required outcomes
- Client focused and has a commitment to quality service and delivery
- Strong customer service delivery skills and a good understanding of client care
- Ability to liaise effectively with client representatives at all levels.
- Has a flexible, hands-on approach to work with the desire to achieve and ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Personable, Team Focused. Contributes to the greater good of the team.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team to ensure required outcomes are achieved.
- Strong interpersonal and relation building skills
- Polite, friendly and diplomatic manner
- Ability to prioritise and successfully manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Analytical and systematic problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi task
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to analyse client business requirements and translate them into information technology services and solutions requirements
- Ability to tune best practice approaches to accommodate CrossPoint client specific factors and still achieve quality delivery outcomes.
- Ability to absorb and apply technical knowledge and information
- Ability to cope well in a high pressured environment, while remaining calm and adopting a considered, structured approach to dealings with issues.
- Ability to consistently adhere to formal processes, but being adaptable to deliver outcomes where no processes exist or are incomplete
- Ability to apply ITIL principles to the delivery of CrossPoint IT managed services and solutions.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Respect & Empower - We take time to understand our clients, colleagues, partners and stakeholders, their needs, and dreams and why they are here? We are humble and invest in each other to unleash people’s potential.
- Don't Be Dodgy - We are honest and have integrity in everything we do. We do what we say and say what we do.
- Can Do Attitude - We take responsibility for outcomes with pride and thoroughness. We go above and beyond to get the job done. We put ourselves in the shoes of the client.
- Keep Learning- We develop, nurture, and grow ourselves our people, our clients, and our company. We think outside the square, try new solutions, but don’t wing it.
- One Team - We value unity and teamwork. We will support each other as one.
We are in partnership with our clients and work as one team.