Why work for CrossPoint?
CrossPoint has a reputation for delivering independent consulting advice, high-quality technical services, and a great client experience. As a leading Managed Services Provider with extensive experience in consulting, solution design and managed services to the enterprise, education, government and the health sectors we offer a wide range of ICT products and services with a managed end-to-end solution for clients.
At CrossPoint we want to inspire companies to change how they get value from enterprise IT systems; we want them think about how IT impacts their business and how it is being delivered.
As part of our growth in our Managed Services and Education Consulting Teams, CrossPoint is seeking a new ICT Manager to lead an onsite Managed Services role for a large independent Christian school located on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. As part of a full-time secondment, the ICT Manager reports directly to the school’s Director of ICT and plays a key role in the design, implementation, and management of ICT services across the school. Supported by Crosspoint’s team of Solution Architects, Senior Systems Engineers and Education Consultants, the ICT Manager has the following key responsibilities:
You can be part of this exciting team who is looking at the forefront of technologies and services and creating new ways of providing solutions. Excellent compensation, benefits, and quality of life!
Some of the benefits of working at CrossPoint include:
- Flexible work arrangements focused on work-life balance.
- Learning and development benefits.
- Social responsibility benefits (like blood donation = 1 day leave).
- Employee awards and recognition program.
- Experienced and friendly team of dynamic professionals.
- Milestone service recognition
- Strategy: Assist the Director of ICT to scope, plan and implement key project and initiatives in accordance with the ICT Strategic Plan.
- Team Leadership: Lead and mentor the school’s internal ICT team, delegating work appropriately and assisting team members in achieving key results.
- Service Delivery: Oversee the delivery of level 1, 2 and 3 technical support services in accordance with established standards and SLAs, including co-ordinating the escalation of issues to CrossPoint’s senior technical team where required.
- Governance, Risk and Compliance: Work with the Director of ICT to develop, implement and maintain a robust technology governance, risk and compliance (BCP/DR, information security, etc) program aligned to the school’s strategic direction, compliance requirements and industry best practice.
- Infrastructure Management: Ongoing management and maintenance of the school’s ICT infrastructure platform.
This is a great opportunity to continue to develop your technology, consulting, and leadership skills while working with some of the best engineers and solution architects in our industry. The ideal candidate will have similar experience in the mid-market with sound technical and project management skills and an ability to communicate at all levels along with a passion for an exceptional client experience.
The successful candidate will have:
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Experience as an ICT Manager, ICT Service Delivery Manager or Systems Engineer with a hands-on technical background.
- People management skills including motivating, influencing and team-building, with the ability to prioritise workloads for yourself and others, work to deadlines and delegate effectively to achieve outcomes in a timely manner.
- Solid knowledge of Windows 10, macOS, iOS/iPadOS and other end-user technologies.
- Solid knowledge and experience across Microsoft Server technologies including Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019, Active Directory, ADFS, DHCP, DNS, etc.
- Knowledge and experience across current industry technologies, including
- Virtual infrastructure and shared storage.
- Routing and Switching.
- Backup and DR.
- Mobile Device Management.
- Cloud Solutions (Office365, Azure, Backup as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, DR as a Service).
- Ability to contribute to strategic planning initiatives and demonstrated project management skills.
- Well-developed documentation and training skills.
- Previous experience in a K-12 independent school would be highly regarded.
- Ability to obtain a Working with Children Check.
- Takes ownership of the delivery of required outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication and presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical staff and students.
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- Have a flexible, hands-on approach to work with a commitment to quality service and delivery.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to think laterally, analyse and problem solve.
- Personable with a demonstrated ability to work alone, or as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to learn.
Formal Education and Experience well regarded:
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or equivalent.
- ITIL Foundation / Practitioner or previous experience working in an ITIL environment.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate/Expert (MCSA/E).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP).
- Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE).
- Project Management Certification (Prince2, PMP).
- Respect & Empower - We take time to understand our clients, colleagues, partners and stakeholders, their needs, and dreams and why they are here? We are humble and invest in each other to unleash people’s potential.
- Don't Be Dodgy - We are honest and have integrity in everything we do. We do what we say and say what we do.
- Can Do Attitude - We take responsibility for outcomes with pride and thoroughness. We go above and beyond to get the job done. We put ourselves in the shoes of the client.
- Keep Learning- We develop, nurture, and grow ourselves our people, our clients, and our company. We think outside the square, try new solutions, but don’t wing it.
- One Team - We value unity and teamwork. We will support each other as one.
We are in partnership with our clients and work as one team.