CrossPoint is a leading Managed Services Provider with extensive experience in consulting, solution design and managed services to the mid-market and education sectors. With offices in Australia and internationally in Manilla and Singapore, supported by Tier 1 partnerships across major vendors and distributors and a highly skilled professional team, CrossPoint has a reputation for delivering independent consulting advice, high-quality technical services and great client experience.
We are seeking an experienced Field Systems Engineer to join our Service Delivery Team based in Perth.
- Provide a range of ICT managed services to CrossPoints' clients including server, network, user support, systems maintenance, and project work involving end-to-end IT solutions.
- Take primary responsibility for the on-site and remote delivery of ICT managed services to selected CrossPoint clients, in consultation with CrossPoint account managers and Senior Engineers.
- Contribute to the delivery of projects on client sites with the senior engineers and account managers.
- Assist the CrossPoint Service Desk with Level 1, 2 & 3 ICT support services to CrossPoint clients.
Benefits of this role include:
- Challenging technical role with diverse technology solutions across multiple platforms.
- Opportunity to utilise your technical skillset to assist in delivering client outcomes.
- Opportunity to work with highly skilled senior systems engineers and solution architects to design and deliver end-to-end IT solutions and projects.
- Opportunity to expand your technical knowledge and experience, develop your industry skills, and ultimately your career.
- Opportunities for a variety of experiences including client site, remote and project work.
Professional Skills and Experience Requirements:
- 3+ years' experience on a Service Desk
- 2+ years' experience in providing field engineering, network and end-user support.
- Ability to manage and support Microsoft environments including Windows 7-10, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 / 2012 R2 / 2016 / 2018 and Microsoft Exchange Server, including Exchange Server 2013, 2016 and Office365.
- Well developed Active Directory and Group Policy management and administration skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, Routing.
- Ability to manage and support Apple environments, including macOS, iOS.
- Experience in supporting and maintaining backup solutions. Knowledge of Veeam and ShadowProtect well regarded.
- Experience in virtualisation technologies such as VMware (vSphere 5/6) and Hyper-V and cloud-hosted server platforms, e.g. Azure, Amazon.
- Experience in virus protection and remote access solutions.
- Experience in managing security appliances is highly desirable.
- ITIL awareness and understanding.
- Industry certifications including MCSA (with progress towards MCSE), CCNA, VCP, etc. highly regarded and preferred
- Previous Managed Services experience in the SME sector.
- Takes ownership for the delivery of required outcomes.
- Client-focused, with a commitment to excellent customer service and high-quality service delivery.
- Exceptional communication and presence.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with client representatives at all levels.
- Well-developed time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Able to work as part of a team, as well as being able to work unsupervised.