Why work for CrossPoint?
CrossPoint has a reputation for delivering independent consulting advice, high-quality technical services, and a great client experience. As a leading Managed Services Provider with extensive experience in consulting, solution design and managed services to the enterprise, education, government and the health sectors we offer a wide range of ICT products and services with a managed end-to-end solution for clients.
At CrossPoint we want to inspire companies to change how they get value from enterprise IT systems; we want them think about how IT impacts their business and how it is being delivered.
As part of our growth, CrossPoint are seeking an experienced Level 2 Service Desk Engineer to join our Managed Services Team. The position is located in the Sydney CBD on a full-time basis. Depending on the status of COVID19 public health orders in NSW, some Work from Home (WFH) time may be required.
You can be part of this exciting team who is looking at the forefront of technologies and services and creating new ways of providing solutions. Excellent compensation, benefits, and quality of life!
Some of the benefits of working at CrossPoint include:
- Flexible work arrangements focused on work-life balance.
- Learning and development benefits.
- Social responsibility benefits (like blood donation = 1 day leave).
- Employee awards and recognition program.
- Experienced and friendly team of dynamic professionals.
- Milestone service recognition
Engineering Services: To provide primary CrossPoint Level 2/Level 3 engineering services to your allocated portfolio of client(s) following CrossPoints client service agreements.
- Where required, engage with the Service Desk teams and Service Desk Managers to facilitate the cohesive delivery of Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 engineering services.
- Where using CrossPoint Service Desk, oversee Level 1/Level 2 support activities provided by the Service Desk teams pertaining to your allocated clients.
- Provide mentoring activities to the Service Desk teams as appropriate to your clients.
- Provide engineering services (Level 2/Level 3) and escalation support to CrossPoint clients with respect to unresolved incidents, referred to you by the CrossPoint Service Desks.
- Ensure all site-specific knowledge of your allocated clients is timely and regularly maintained and recorded in the CMDB and Password vault. Specifics include, but are not limited to: network diagrams, passwords, procedures, contacts, hardware information, software licenses, bespoke configuration requirements.
- Build an effective working relationship with key client contact and communicate clearly and regularly to stakeholders including: status updates of activities, projects, general health of systems and their status.
- Communicate clearly and regularly to internal stakeholders (Service Delivery Managers and Account Managers) on updates in relation to account operations:
- Current load and resourcing requirements.
- Escalated activities requiring attention.
- Opportunities for improvements on site.
- Provide status updates on system health and maintenance activities.
- Work with the Service Delivery and Resource Managers to ensure timely planning and execution of Scheduled Maintenance for your allocated clients.
- Work with Senior Engineer’s to ensure the implementation of best practice approaches to clients supported.
Service Delivery / Customer Service: To provide an optimal customer service to clients in the effective and efficient delivery of Managed Services and Solutions, with respect to their client service agreement, balanced against commercial consideration, as guided by Account Managers and the Service Delivery Managers.
- Ensure that you communicate clearly and effectively with the client and other team members, to ensure consistency of expectations regarding delivery of Managed Services and Solutions.
- Assist in the new client onboarding process.
- Ensure that support escalations occur in a timely manner.
- Ensure detail of work performance is recorded in a timely manner to communicate to the wider team of activities undertaken.
- Work towards providing proactive fixes instead of workarounds or reactive support.
- Work towards standardizing support to ensure currency between clients.
Continuous Improvement: To contribute to the development, implementation and periodic review and maintenance of Service Delivery policies, processes, systems and tools, in accordance with ITIL best practice principles and standards.
- Participate in any Continuous Improvement Plan initiatives.
Project Delivery: To provide quality service to CrossPoint clients in the delivery of projects under the guidance of the Project Management Office and/or Project Manager, and the respective Account and Service Delivery Managers.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years' experience on a Service Desk
- Ability to manage and support Microsoft environments including Windows 7-10, Office365 suite, Azure, InTune, etc
- Well developed Active Directory and Group Policy management and administration skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of networking: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc
- Ability to manage and support Apple environments, including macOS, iOS.
- Experience in supporting and maintaining backup solutions. Knowledge of Veeam and ShadowProtect well regarded.
- Experience in virus protection and remote access solutions.
- ITIL awareness and understanding.
- Takes ownership for the delivery of required outcomes.
- Client-focused, with a commitment to excellent customer service and high-quality service delivery.
- Exceptional communication and presence.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to liaise effectively with client representatives at all levels.
- Well-developed time management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Able to work as part of a team, as well as being able to work unsupervised.
- Respect & Empower - We take time to understand our clients, colleagues, partners and stakeholders, their needs, and dreams and why they are here? We are humble and invest in each other to unleash people’s potential.
- Don't Be Dodgy - We are honest and have integrity in everything we do. We do what we say and say what we do.
- Can Do Attitude - We take responsibility for outcomes with pride and thoroughness. We go above and beyond to get the job done. We put ourselves in the shoes of the client.
- Keep Learning- We develop, nurture, and grow ourselves our people, our clients, and our company. We think outside the square, try new solutions, but don’t wing it.
- One Team - We value unity and teamwork. We will support each other as one.
We are in partnership with our clients and work as one team.